V - the story of: hm...
Saturday, January 23, 2010

« hm... »

...is the title of this post because my mind's just chewing over some things.

For example, why is there the suffering in Haiti? Furthermore, how amazing is it that people band together to help rebuild the community, thanks to George Clooney and crew.

Also, what is my purpose? Future...what a scary word it is now. Especially since I haven't sorted it out yet.

What struck me was that in Student Fellowship on Thursday, I led worship...and afterwards, the bible study leader decided everyone should encourage each other, so we scrawled on pieces of paper taped to people's backs.

I had low expectations, since no one really knows me and I wasn't too sure what they'd write.

Surprisingly, I was encouraged, without reading too deeply into the meaning behind some of them.

For one, "You did a great job in song leading today!" Also, "Thanks for encouragement during exam period! God bless :) xoxo". In particular, "It's great that you've been serving God so passionately! Keep it up!" And a favourite - "Stop copying my hairstyle!"

While most of these are hard to guess, I think I'm encouraged by what people can say to you when given the chance.

Which leads me to realizing I don't have that many friends in SF.

But things change. It's a new year right?

「€Œ 11:47 pm 」 » Comments:




(0) comments