V - the story of: encourage
Sunday, September 20, 2009

« encourage »

Today was the first time that I was encouraged by God's word in a long time, because it was so personal and so comforting.

Ezekiel 36:25-27
Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do
them.

A prophecy by Ezekiel, who spreads the message that God will repair the damage done in us. When we will no longer suffer from Adam and Eve's mistakes, but be reconciled with God through Jesus Christ. His Spirit will dwell in us and we will be refreshed, keeping to His commandments and obeying His will.

I was encouraged simply because I've felt so dry for a while. The works have become greater than my faith and I have high expectations of everything and everyone. My perspective became skewed and I was struggling to keep myself together. But God reminded me today that He gave me His spirit, so that I don't have to struggle alone. When I need advice or need console, I can look to Yahweh, my maker, creater and lover.

But I have to stay in His presence, so that His promises would come to me. I have to seek His Kingdom, before I can receive the benefits. It doesn't always just fall into my lap, as if deserved. Rather, it is God's grace that we can be in His presence and in His Kingdom.

But then again, God's grace rocks my world...

Labels: , , ,

「€Œ 8:23 am 」 » Comments:




(0) comments