V - the story of: worship?
Thursday, September 03, 2009

« worship? »

So it's come to this.

When I'm down and out and everything is terrible, with contracts being signed bearing unknowing consequences and necessary contracts not appearing, work life comes to a halt. Love life is a struggle because I don't feel I can support her, I don't listen or care about her. I have no passion. I have no motivation. I am in a pit and I am in "the dark place", where so many of us tend to find ourselves. Jobless, broke, no direction and no potential, no value in the world, no friends to rely on...it's a grim picture that I splash on the canvas.

Before you spare a moment of sympathy, and consider leaving a word of encouragement, let me ask you one vital question: do you NEED a reason to encourage someone else? Do you treat someone according to their product? Do you say "well done! keep it up!" like a master to a well trained dog, if they do what they were supposed to? And as logic follows, do you then berate them if they do it wrong; "YOU'RE USELESS!" The question stands; do you NEED a reason to encourage someone?

The verb "to encourage" stems from the Hebrew word "chazaq", of which has many meanings along the lines of to strengthen, prevail, be strong, become strong, be courageous, be firm, grow firm and many others. To strengthen someone else, to help them become strong, or help them prevail. Giving them the courage to grow and become firm.

Luke 4:18 - Jesus was teaching in synagogues and it was prophesised that the poor will hear the good news, the oppressed will taste freedom. Blind will see and deaf will hear. All because Jesus was encouraging and teaching people he didn't know.

Phillipians 4:8 - encourage others to think Godly, wholesome subjects and love the Lord always.

2 Thessalonians 2:17 - encourage our hearts, strengthening us in every good work and deed. Just as God gives us courage and hope, shouldn't we also strengthen our brothers and sisters?

I've listed a few things here. I feel there is a distinct lack of encouragement in my life.

I've said enough. Time to slump back into the shadows again.

Labels: , , , ,

「€Œ 7:35 pm 」 » Comments:




(0) comments