V - the story of: Easy
Thursday, March 05, 2009

« Easy »

This blog is slowly turning derelict, what with me taking it down and the minimal advertising of the blog on any social site e.g. Facebook and MSN...

However, it doesn't mean I don't want to blog. I have lots of my mind. Which I very much intend to blog.

Today, I was thinking about ministry. I was thinking about what ministry am I supposed to be in. Or what I should be in. Whatever, they're relatively similar. I suppose what am I supposed to be in is what God is directing me to be involved in...maybe the latter thought means what I should be in, since I know I should be there.

So anyway, I'm chewing on these thoughts, when I think about my friends who are involved in my life, who encourage me with my ministry (ies) and helps me in them.

And a name that is pervasive throughout my whole head is Hassan. He is a friend of mine who was saved by Jesus Christ, after he saw that Jesus was and is and will be the way, the truth and the life. He used to kill people in cages- ok, exaggeration there, but he used to engage in cage fighting. I think he was quite good. He's very strong for his size. He's also very considerate. He looks out for people more than most...even when in his heart, his mind and flesh struggle against him, goading him to just let go and forget about everyone else.

Most of all, he is very loved by our Father God. He has gone through a lot in his life, forsaking all for the Lord's glory and giving up his own. Even though he came to Christ a few years ago, we still think dearly of him and look out for him at MCCC.

Furthermore, he is a great friend to me. The 8 hour trip back and forth from Swansea was very interesting...we got to know each other pretty well. In fact...we got to know each other, but were able to accept each other for our faults. Silent codes of honor were forged and we were able to love each other for who we were, despite our quirks and unique idiosyncracies of behaviour and thought.

It was a strange time. But in the midst of this chaotic tempest that life morphed into,
I really found a friend.

I just wanted to appreciate him really. Not many people will know him, well or at all. But I knew that he was destined for greater things. And I'm so grateful that he's alive and well and in my life.

Labels:

「€Œ 4:44 pm 」 » Comments:




(0) comments