V - the story of: perception
Sunday, November 09, 2008

« perception »

per·ceive (pr-sv)tr.v. per·ceived, per·ceiv·ing, per·ceives
1. To become aware of directly through any of the senses, especially sight or hearing.
2. To achieve understanding of; apprehend.

Perception. What a wonderful thing. The act of perceiving through tactile organs, seeing through the optic system, even tasting with the hypersensitive tongue and enhanced through inhaling via the nostrils.

What used to fascinate, even frighten, me was the concept of perception through the five senses. I considered the world around me and I pondered "do they see what I see?" I was genuinely scared that my cousin, Greg, perceived a football differently to me in some shape or form, hence allowing him to use his skills to a greater extent and be a better player than myself. Do people see the same table I do, with the extent shade of dull brown that radiates with maturity and history?

I came to realize after a small amount of time, that people DO see, feel, smell, hear and taste the same things I perceive.

My REAL question was much deeper than that...

Do people think the same as me, when they see that football?

What are the underlying mechanisms in our thought processes and abstract perception?

They were the real monsters that lurked in the dark.

And I come to find that my perception is actually flawed. I am scared of how I see the world.

Because I have come to understand that I am flawed.

I walked in, but ended up on my face. Now, I can't move. I'm numb.

I need to change, or I can't move.

「€Œ 6:48 pm 」 » Comments:




(0) comments